Season 3 of The Outpost was announced on October 15, 2019. It was initially set to premiere in the Summer of 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production for Season 3 was forced to stop after only completing the first five episodes. In May 2020, production was able to resume and allow for a Fall 2020 premiere slot.
In season three of THE OUTPOST, Talon (Jessica Green) finds herself betrayed by her own kind, after summoning Zed and his Blackblood comrades to save the Outpost. She struggles to reconcile her human friends and her Blackblood heritage. With the demonic Lu-Qiri providing the muscle to enforce Zed’s master plan, the Outpost’s human inhabitants are enslaved as miners in search of a mysterious substance to solve a dark riddle. From her bedroom under house arrest, Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) plots her escape and the overthrow of her new foes. To save her beloved Garret (Jake Stormoen), Talon is forced to summon a Blackblood Priestess named Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths) into the world. Yavalla prophesies of a paradise for Blackbloods, and an era of peace for the world, but she soon discovers a power that threatens every living creature. As Gwynn and Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) become Yavalla’s unwilling allies, Talon and her friends must fight, suffer, and sacrifice their way to save each other and vanquish their new enemies. As Talon discovers more about her lost family from Yavalla, she must piece together the truths from the lies, and solve the mystery of her heritage and a forgotten power, before the world becomes enslaved to a new power that could consume every living being.
- Jaye Griffiths as Yvalla
- Reece Ritchie as Zed
Notes and Trivia
- Season renewal was announced at Mipcom.
- This is the first season not to star either Robyn Malcolm (The Mistress) or Andrew Howard (Marshal Wythers.
- Dean Devlin announced on November 6, 2019, that Electric Entertainment closed a $60 million syndicated corporate credit facility, which will help finance the upcoming Season 3 of The CW’s summer fantasy adventure series, The Outpost.
- The cast and crew arrived in Serbia for pre-production on January 20, 2020.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production for Season 3 was forced to stop around March 18, 2020. The cast and crew had completed the first five episodes and were in the middle of episodes six and seven. It is unknown when filming will resume, as all cast and crew members flew back to their home countries.
- On March 31, 2020, The CW released their Summer 2020 premiere schedule. The Outpost was not included in the schedule.
- On May 14, 2020, The CW released their Fall 2020 premiere schedule. The Outpost will air on Thursday's from 9-10 PM EST.
- On May 18, 2020, The CW released a complete schedule for Fall 2020 and their 2021 first quarter slate. The Outpost will still air in the Fall on Thursday's from 9-10 PM EST. The official synopsis of the season was released.
- Dean Devlin made an official announcement that The Outpost Season 3 had resumed filming in Serbia. They would finish filming in time for their Fall 2020 premiere slot. Every cast and crew member must undergo regulated medical testing daily or weekly that is overseen by Dr. Branka Matijasevic.
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/05/the-cw-2021-schedule-jaunuary-launch-new-shows-supernatural-conclusion-superman-lois-walker-1202934450/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2019/10/the-outpost-renewed-season-3-the-cw-1202760718/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 https://twitter.com/JakeStormoen/status/1239616199656230917
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 https://deadline.com/2020/06/the-outpost-resume-filming-season-three-serbia-premiere-fall-2020-1202953709/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/outpostseries/status/1219398812277432320
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JakeStormoen/status/1239616200339910658
- ↑ https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/releases/view?id=54920